Because we sell a variety of travel products, you should make sure you understand the terms and conditions that apply to your particular arrangements in addition to these general terms and conditions below:
1a. We offer for sale to you various products and/or services on behalf of our principals such as airlines, other transport operators, hotel and other accommodation providers, tour operators and other principal suppliers. These are referred to throughout as ‘the Principal/s’.
Our services consist of arranging and co-coordinating the services offered by the Principals. Josh Zuker Travel brings about a direct contractual relationship between you, the customer, and each Principal. Subject to these booking conditions Josh Zuker Travel will perform our services with reasonable care and skill.
Josh Zuker Travel does not guarantee the performance of the services offered by the Principals and we will not be liable in the event that you suffer loss, injury or disappointment by reason of any acts or failings of any Principal. In such case your remedy will lie against the Principal.
You should be aware that the brochures (including e-brochures) which we supply to you are the brochures of the Principals and that the statements and representations contained in such brochures are not ours but are made by the Principals. We accept no liability for any inaccuracies or misrepresentations contained in such brochures.
Your contract will either be with us or with another supplier of travel services and this will depend on the type of arrangements you book. Where your contract is with a supplier, the booking conditions of that supplier will apply to your booking and Josh Zuker Travel accepts no responsibility for any errors or omissions made by a supplier.
1b. A minimum non refundable deposit of $200.00pp is required to secure your booking. All deposits are non transferable and non refundable!
Final payments can be brought forward other than what has been advised on your invoice due to a number of factors; supplier pricing increases, contract amendments and or expiry dates. Currency fluctuations do occur and airline taxes will always be re-calculated at time of final payment. Please note that due to currency fluctuations and tax increases your invoiced amount can change prior to final payment. Cancellation fees can be up to 100% depending on the circumstance.
2. We recommend that you take out a QBE travel insurance policy at the time you pay for your travel. You should ensure that such insurance will protect you against medical expenses arising from sickness or injury during your travel and protect you against loss or damage to your belongings. The Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade also strongly recommend you take out travel insurance.
N.B. Please note that some credit card providers will provide the card holder with travel insurance. Where you are paying for all or any part of the services arranged through us by credit card and you intend to use travel insurance provided by the credit card provider you acknowledge that Josh Zuker Travel has offered you travel insurance and that you waive any claim against Josh Zuker Travel in respect of any loss or damage you may suffer as a result of you failing to take out any or adequate travel insurance.
3. Cancellation fees are likely to be incurred on all confirmed reservations or bookings. Further, some tickets may be non-refundable or non-transferable. It is important to check the position with us before you confirm arrangements and/or before you cancel any confirmed reservations. Please read the specific conditions detailed in the Principal’s brochures and flyers in relation to your travel arrangements.
Changes in Reservations
4. If you wish to change a confirmed reservation you are likely to incur fees. In some cases it may not be possible to change reservations or to cancel the reservation or it may be uneconomic for you to do so. You should always check the cost before requesting changes in reservations. Please read the specific conditions detailed by the Principal’s in relation to your travel arrangements.
5. Airfares and tour prices may change (almost invariably by being increased) without prior notice and even though your arrangements have been confirmed. Such price increases are beyond our control and you will be liable to pay for any such increases. Many airlines now impose surcharges on the price of air travel.
These surcharges may change between the time you make a reservation and the date of full payment.
6. If payment has not been made by the specific date which Josh Zuker Travel will advise you, your bookings may be cancelled. Payments may be made by direct deposit or cheque. If you wish to pay by credit card it is necessary to check with us first as some airfares and package holidays cannot be paid for by credit card.
In certain circumstances your credit card will be charged by the Principal. In these instances you authorise Josh Zuker Travel to pass on your credit card details to the Principal.
Credit Card payments may incur surcharges. Josh Zuker Travel will add an additional surcharge to payments made by credit card. Please check with us for current charges.
When your credit card is processed by Josh Zuker Travel you agree to not have your payment ‘charged back’ or reversed by your credit card provider where the services have been provided.
7. If you cancel your travel arrangements after paying for the same no refund will be available to you until after we receive the monies from the Principal involved. In most cases fees will be payable for cancellations and in some instances you may not be able to claim a refund.
Passport and Visa Requirements
8. Prior to confirming your travel arrangements, you should check your passport and establish that it will remain current for the entire period of your travel. Certain countries require that your passport remains valid for a period of up to twelve months after the date upon which you are scheduled to leave such country. You may be denied entry to a country if your passport expires within 12 months. You should clarify visa requirements with the Embassies of the countries that you plan to visit as certain countries may require you to take out a visa dependant on whether you are travelling on an Australian or a foreign passport.
The authorities in some countries (including The USA) require holders of Australian passports to take out a visa for entry into their country where the traveller has been sentenced or imprisoned or been convicted of certain types of criminal offence. A visa may be required where a contagious disease or a serious health problem exists.
It is the responsibility of each member of the travelling party to ensure that they have a valid passport and the necessary visa/s for the destinations to be visited.
Ensure your passport is valid for at least six months from your return date in Australia!
Re-entry Visas for Australia
9. Re-entry visas will/may be required for travellers leaving Australia holding a foreign passport. If you hold a foreign passport then it is your responsibility to make your own enquiries and satisfy yourself as to the position in regard to your passport and/or visa requirements before leaving Australia.
10. Certain countries require that travellers be vaccinated against specific infection and/or diseases. Josh Zuker Travel strongly recommends that you check with your doctor and the Embassies of countries to which you are travelling to with respect to any health requirements..
Checking Travel Arrangements
11. We have exercised care in putting together the arrangements requested by you in regards to your travel and accommodation. It is important that you check all of the documentation handed to you in relation to your proposed travel and accommodation to ensure that it fully meets with your requirements and to ensure that there have been no misunderstandings. All documents, in relation to international travel, must be issued in the name of the passport holder. You may be denied carriage if the name varies.
11.1 We strongly recommend that you contact your airline prior to any travel to ensure that the scheduled departure time has not changed. You should check the current status of your flights at Checkmytrip. We strongly recommend that this is done 24 hours before the scheduled departure time printed on your ticket or confirmation email. Your AMADEUS Reservation Code is a 6-letter code which can be found on your confirmation email.
11.2 We strongly recommend that you familiarise yourself with current travel advisories/information from Smart Traveller before you travel.
11.3 Payment of any excess baggage charges is the Travellers sole responsibility.
11.4 Carry on baggage is subject to security rules on the carriage of various items. It is your responsibility to check with the relevant authorities.
12. Josh Zuker Travel endeavours to deliver exceptional quality professional travel services. We are committed to being responsive to the needs and concerns of customers and to resolving your complaint as quickly as possible.
Customer feedback is welcomed as it helps us improve our service delivery to you.
Full details of our Complaints Handling Policy can be found in the Contact Us section of our website.