Banff is a tourist town full of seasonal workers from across Canada and around the world. It is a convenient place to see some spectacular scenery with minimal effort.
However, with convenience come crowds. This is not the place to come for solitude or a true back-country experience. That being said, it is a great place to stay for any length of time.
Banff Must See / Do Things
- Ease your body into the 37-40C water found at the historic Banff Upper Hot Springs while you enjoy views of Mount Rundle.
- If you want a view from a height, ride the Sulphur Mountain Gondola. The eight-minute ride takes you up 2300 feet. It’s open daily in the summer from 8:30 am until 8 or 9 pm depending on the month.
- Take a boat tour of Lake Minnewanka, the largest lake in the Canadian Rockies.
- Go hiking and biking in Banff.
- Check out the stuffed animal specimens of moose, bears, foxes and birds at the Banff Park Museum.