As the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, Cairns provides an ideal base for exploring the popular holiday destinations in the Tropical North Queensland region including Port Douglas, Palm Cove and the stunning Daintree Forest.
Great climate, alfresco dining, excellent entertainment, and attractions & activities make Cairns a wonderful holiday destination to visit anytime of the year.
Cairns is a great holiday destination for Beach Breaks, Family Holidays, Friends' Getaways,Luxury Holidays and Romantic Getaways.
Cairns Tourist Attractions & Activities
- Take a day cruise to see the Great Barrier Reef
- Join a day tour to explore Kuranda with Skyrail and Kuranda Scenic Railway
- Take a sunrise or sunset walk along Cairns' boardwalk
- Indulge in a spa treatment in Palm Cove or Port Douglas
- Visit the animals at Cairns Tropical Zoo
- Learn how to scuba dive or grab a snorkel set to explore the Great Barrier Reef
- Dine at one of the many fine restaurants in Port Douglas
- Join a day tour to explore the Daintree Rainforest and Cape Tribulation