Northern Thailand is a great place to immerse in unique local culture. Chiang Mai is gateway to the region with lots of cultural excursions and culinary adventures. There are more than 300 temples and it’s a mix of old, with moats and stone walls and the new, with trendy boutique hotels, bars and restaurants. Surrounded by hills and forests, there area is picturesque with lots to explore.
Chiang Mai Must Do’s
- Explore the inner Old City surrounded by a moat and walls border
- Visit Prathat Doi Suthep, the most venerated temple in the city
- Visit the animals at Chiang Mai Zoo, Thailand’s largest zoo for a great day out with the family
- Dine by the Mae Ping River for great scenery and atmosphere
- Spend an evening at the nigh bazaar for bargain finds