Chiang Rai is the gateway to the infamous Golden Triangle and is more laid-back than Chiang Mai. From the night market to the different attractions in the area, you can feel a relaxing vibe.
Chiang Rai Must Do’s
- Don’t miss the unique Wat Rong Khun Temple characterised by the bright white architecture just outise the city
- Introduce yourself to the famous Longneck tribes in the region
- Take a boat ride along the Mekong River to the Loas border
- Visit the ancient ruins and temples of Chiang Saen
- Spend a leisurely day exploring the local markets or visit the temple complex of Wat Phra Kaew