Vancouver is a scrumptious juxtaposition of urban modernity and on-your-doorstep wild enterprise.
The mountains and seascape make the city an open air play area for climbing, skiing, kayaking, cycling, and cruising—thus significantly more—while the food and expressions scenes are similarly assorted, mirroring the cosmetics of Vancouver's ethnic (transcendently Asian) mosaic.
Vancouver Must See / Do Things
- Visit Stanley Park
- Walk the Seawall around Stanley Park
- Visit Granville Island and the market.
- Check out Kitsilano (head to West 4th Ave) and Kits Beach.
- Take an Aquabus Ferry.
- If you get a clear day, take the tramway up Grouse Mountain.
- Check out Commercial Drive--an ethnic neighborhood, with neat shops and restaurants.
- Have a look at ChinatownGastown.
- Stroll along Davie and Denman streets.
- If coming in July or August, check out a play at Bard on the Beach (a Shakesepeare festival).
- If at all possible, try to walk in the downtown/Kits areas as that is the best way to appreciate the city; take public transit the rest of the time. Save the car for trips out of town, should you do any.