Josh Zuker Travel, along with Express Travel Group is monitoring all updates and changes daily and assessing the possible impacts to our customers’ travel.
I have a booking. What should I do?
If you are concerned about your future travel plans, contact our team to discuss these with them. Whilst they can’t advise you what to do they can direct you to credible sources for the latest information, including Smarttraveller, World Health Organisation (WHO) and the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), for the latest travel alerts and information on the destination you’re planning to visit.
We also recommend that you subscribe to updates from the Smartraveller so you have the latest advice.
Our team can assist you by:
- Reviewing your travel plans and discussing options and alternatives with you
- Updating you with the latest information provided by our partner suppliers and discussing how any changes or cancellations may affect you financially and your travel arrangements
- In the event you have purchased travel insurance through our team will review the product disclosure statement (PDS) with you. As each individual travel insurance policy will vary in circumstance as well as the terms and conditions around changes and cancellations, our team may need to refer you to liaise directly with your travel insurance provider.
I’m thinking of making a booking. What should I consider?
Our team can reduce the risk of any financial impact in the event you choose to subsequently amend or cancel your booking, by:
- Booking more flexible or fully refundable airfares
- Working with suppliers who have changed their booking terms and conditions, such as reduced deposits and/or delayed final payment dates until closer to your commencement of travel
- We can also offer travel insurance to you that will cover you for cancellation due to fears of coronavirus (COVID-19) (subject to the PDS). Cover-More’s ‘Cancel-For-Any-Reason’ can be included in new travel insurance policies for a modest additional premium. And it provides cover for 75% of non-refundable trip costs up to a $10,000 benefit. Please note there are strict rules as to when this type of policy needs to be issued and when you cancel your trip – please read the PDS to ensure this product is right for you.
- Please note that existing policies that have already been purchased and issued are unable to be upgraded with this additional ‘Cancel-For-Any-Reason’ option.
Express Travel Group along with all preferred partner suppliers have requested they review their terms and conditions so that our customers have greater flexibility should the outlook influence them to adjust their travel plans.
Should you want to discuss your personal circumstances please don’t hesitate to contact our team.
Providing Australians with the latest information and advice for safe travel overseas. Find Out More
World Health Organization
Information and guidance from WHO regarding the current outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19). Find Out More